There are so many varieties of chili out there, but this creamy white chicken chili will soon be your favorite! In fact, many readers have written in to say this chili won 1st place in their chili contests! Just dump everything in your slow cooker and let it do the hard work for you!
This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your crockpot! Creamy with plenty of spice, it’s the perfect companion on a chilly night!
Servings: 6 servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
1 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
small handful fresh cilantro chopped
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
1/4 cup half and half
dollop of sour cream
minced fresh cilantro
shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
** to thicken chili even more, mix 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into 2-3 Tbsp of milk/half and half/chicken broth or water. Stir until cornstarch dissolves, then stir that mixture into the chili. Cook until thickened to your liking.
STOVETOP AND INSTANT POT (PRESSURE COOKER) DIRECTIONS
Recipe by: thechunkychef.com