Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe – Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches that are so tender and flavorful you’ll feel like you’re in Philly. Perfect for a crowd!
Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe
Yield: 10 servings
4-5 pounds chuck roast
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 cup beef broth
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed French onion soup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beer we like Strand Brewing Company – any dark beer will work though
1 yellow onion sliced into 1/4″ slices
8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced into 1/4″ slices
10 hoagie rolls
4 tablespoons butter
Cheez Whiz or Provolone Cheese
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt and pepper (if you are sensitive to sodium, adjust to your taste or you can even leave the salt out altogether since you’re adding broth and soup).
- Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert) to medium high.
- Add the canola oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the beef, the beef broth, the french onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, and the beer. Enjoy drinking the second half of that beer!
- Cook on low for 8 hours. READ MORE
Recipe by: dinnerthendessert.com