Spiderweb Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting Recipe – This Spiderweb-topped Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting is awesome chocolate cake recipe for Halloween! The cake alone is actually perfect for any time – super moist and delicious – but the fun decorations are perfect for a spook-tacular Halloween!
| Halloween Dessert | Halloween Recipe | Easy Halloween Recipe | Halloween Ideas | Halloween Treats
Spiderweb Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting Recipe
Yield: 12-14 Slices
1 cup (224g) unsalted Challenge butter
2 cups (414g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup (180ml) water
3/4 cup (85g) dark cocoa powder blend
2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (180ml) milk
1 1/2 cups (336g) salted Challenge butter
1 1/4 cups (237g) shortening
10 1/2 cups (1208g) powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
3–4 tbsp (90ml-105ml) water
Orange icing color
4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
5 tbsp (75ml) heavy whipping cream
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
2 oz white chocolate chips
1 tbsp (15ml) heavy whipping cream
Orange melting chocolate
Dark cocoa melting chocolate
TO MAKE THE CAKE LAYERS:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line the bottom of three 8-inch (20cm) cake pans with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add vanilla, water and cocoa powder to another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to batter and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the batter. Begin by adding half of the dry mix, then mix well. Add the milk and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Divide batter between the cake pans. Bake for 26-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs. READ MORE
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com