10 tablespoons salted butter (see notes)
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup ground espresso (see notes)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ªF. Spray an 8×8 square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan half way full with water and heat over medium heat. Place a glass bowl over the saucepan so that it rests in the saucepan without touching the water. Add the butter and chocolate and allow to melt completely. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sugar and espresso grounds and continue to mix until the sugar is completely mixed. Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until each is incorporated before adding in the next. Add the cocoa powder along with the flour and mix until *JUST* incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top. Bake the brownies for 30-38 minutes. I baked mind for 35 minutes exactly and they were slightly underdone and extra fudgy, which is exactly how we like them. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from baking dish. Serve warm.
- If using unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- I purchase whole espresso beans and then grind them on the ‘espresso’ setting of the grocery store coffee grinders.
Original recipe and Nutrition Facts visit: Starbucks Copycat Espresso Brownies @ littlespicejar.com