4 Bell Peppers
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
1/3 cup quick cooking oats
1 TBSP Worcestershire
15 oz can tomato sauce (divided)
shredded cheese of your choice (we like a combo of Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Slice bell peppers in half from stem to end and put in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, brown the hamburger with the onion, drain.
- In a large bowl, add in the meat and onion mixture, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, creole seasoning, oats, Worcestershire.
- Mix half the tomato sauce with the egg to temper it. Then add the egg and tomato sauce mixture to the meat mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay the bell pepper halves side by side in a casserole dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture inside.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake for 5 minutes more.
Original recipe visit: Stuffed Bell Peppers @ auntbeesrecipes.com