3 boneless chicken breasts
½ to 1 tbsp creole seasoning
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tbsp softened butter
1½ cups shredded colby jack cheese (divided)
1-2 tbsp diced pimento
2 green onions, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper or creole seasoning
- Make sauce by mixing cream of chicken, milk, and ¾ cup of shredded cheese in a small pot over medium low heat. Heat until cheese is melted and then remove from stove. Pour half of this mixture onto the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- Lay all three chicken breasts down between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound out each chicken breast until thin. (This will make it easy to spread cream cheese mixture and roll up chicken).
- Remove top layer of plastic and season each side of chicken with creole seasoning.
- In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and ¾ cup shredded cheese. Stir in pimento and green onions. Spread this mixture onto one side of each chicken breast.
- Roll up chicken breast and secure with a few toothpicks. Place in a baking dish on top of sauce seam side up. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes. Serve and top each with more sauce.
- You can buy thin cut chicken breasts, but these are usually not very wide so you will spread less cream cheese mixture on each and just make smaller servings.
- This recipe uses 3 chicken breasts but one of them is a pretty large serving. Some people can only eat half a chicken breast. You can also divide this cream cheese mixture among 4 breasts instead of 3.
- You can pound out chicken breasts with a small heavy skillet and place them in a storage bag as well.
Original Recipes visit: Stuffed Cream Cheese Chicken Pinwheels @ diaryofarecipecollector.com