The BEST Bacon Pepper Jack Mac n’ Cheese – This pepper jack mac n’ cheese recipe is one that I will be making around my house all winter. Anything that both the kids AND the adults love is a win in my book.
- 4 tbsp butter (1/2 cube)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1-1½ cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 16 oz box of macaroni pasta
- Cook the bacon til crispy.
- Set aside on a plate and dab off the grease with a paper towel.
- In a large pot boil the box of pasta according to package and drain and return to pot.
- In a separate sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- After the butter is melted whisk in the flour to create a buttery paste.
- Add in the cups of cream and milk while still stirring with the whisk.
- Let the cream and milk mixture heat up for two minute while continuously stirring.
- Add in each cup of cheese while stirring with the whisk.
- (Wait for each cup of cheese to melt before adding in the next cup of cheese)
- After all the cheese has been added and melted in, then break up the crispy bacon into the cheese sauce.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the drained macaroni pasta and stir together.
- Serve while still hot.