The BEST Eggnog Chocolate Bread – A flavorful eggnog quick bread perfect for Christmas breakfast!
Yields: Two 7×3 Loaves
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (8 grams)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) eggnog
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. If you’re using paper pans (like I did) there’s no need to grease them. If using ceramic or metal, grease the bottom and the sides of two 7X3 baking loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar. Stir until combined and make a well in the middle.
- In another bowl lightly beat the two eggs and mix them with the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, sprinkle the chocolate chips of top and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in the pan before removing.