The Best Nutellava Donuts
The Best Nutellava Donuts – Inspired by the Eastern European-style ponchiks, these donuts are soft and pillowy, and exploding with a river of Nutella. One of the best donuts you could ever experience!
- Prep Time: 50 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 11 donuts
- This recipe makes 11 donuts. Feel free to double or triple the recipe according to your needs.
- Please note that for this recipe (as for many others) I used a kitchen scale to weigh my ingredients as opposed to measuring cups, to achieve more consistent results. I highly recommend you do so too. It’s infinitely more accurate and will give you the best results possible.
- Bread flour is preferable here, because it will absorb less fry oil. However, I’ve only ever used all purpose flour, because it’s what’s available where I live, and still had spectacular results.
- To make in advance, I’ve successfully prepared the dough the night before, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It more than doubled in size, but the final results weren’t affected. I then proceeded with filling and frying the dough as per the recipe. On other occasions, I’ve also been able to keep the filled doughs in the fridge for several hours before frying with great results. I’d just take them out of the fridge as I’m heating the oil, to allow them to continue rising. Though, I’ve never tried it in this particular recipe, I’d assume that the filled doughs can be kept in the fridge overnight, before frying.
Keywords: donuts, nutella donuts, desserts