1 spaghetti squash, halved and baked at 400F 40 minutes until tender
1/2 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Using a fork, scrape out the inside strands of spaghetti squash and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli in butter until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir flour into skillet and slowly add milk and cream until smooth. Bring sauce to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and gently toss until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture in a greased 9×13 baking pan and sprinkle top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash at 375F 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove bake from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Original Recipes visit: Three-Cheese Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Bake @ wholeandheavenlyoven.com