Graham cracker crumbs, in bowl
Gold fish crackers
White ball sprinkles
Green and red long sprinkles, or jimmies
Round red sprinkles
1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable shortening (can use butter instead)
2 cups powdered sugar
teal or blue food coloring
- In a mixing bowl, combine the room temperature butter and shortening, beat using an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Begin to add in the powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Slowly beat the mixture until the powered sugar is incorporated. Continue this process, adding enough powdered sugar to make sure the frosting isn’t too wet.
- Add in your desired blue food coloring, mix by hand until the color is even.
TO ASSEMBLE THE UNDER THE SEA GRAHAM CRACKERS
- Take one graham cracker and using a spreader or butter knife, spread blue frosting on almost all of the cracker, but leave the very top of the graham cracker frosting free.
- Place the bottom of the frosted graham cracker into the bowl with graham cracker crumbs, covering just the bottom of the cracker with crumbs or ‘sand’. You can sprinkle extra crumbs on if needed.
- Add two goldfish crackers. Then give each goldfish 2 air bubbles, using the white ball sprinkles.
- Optional decorations include seaweed and a crab. To make the seaweed use several long green sprinkles and arrange them to look like seaweed. To make the crab, use one red round sprinkle and several long red sprinkles as legs and arrange them to look like a crab.
Original Recipes visit: Under the Sea Graham Crackers @ thefirstyearblog.com