For the Zoodles
4 zucchini (I use this spiralizer)
1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
2 red bell peppers, cut into 4 pieces (seeds removed)
4 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil, divided
½ medium onion, diced (1/4 cup)
1 clove garlic
4 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
For the Meatballs
1 lb ground turkey
½ cup packed spinach
2 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet, toss red bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of oil together and lay in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the bell peppers are tender and there are some black char marks.
- In the meantime, start making your turkey meatballs. In a large bowl combine ground turkey, spinach, coconut flour, salt, thyme, oregano, garlic, 1 tablespoon of oil and black pepper. Mix until combined well. Roll into small meatballs – you’ll get about 15 out of a batch. Line a baking sheet with foil and place meatballs on the sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, in a small skillet, combine ¼ cup diced onion and 1 clove of garlic in 1 tbsp of oil. Saute for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add to a food processor with the bell pepper when it’s ready. Then also add almond milk, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, black pepper, 2 tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil. Process until combined and smooth.
- Use a vegetable spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles. In a skillet (can be the same one we used before), add the zucchini with the oil and saute for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, top the zucchini with the roasted red pepper sauce and 3-4 meatballs.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Zoodles with Turkey Meatballs in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce @ adashofmegnut.com