10 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
16 ounces fat free cottage cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
1 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 tomato, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg whites and eggs until fluffy.
- Add in the cottage cheese, 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack, milk, flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, parsley, thyme, black pepper, and hot sauce.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat saute the onion, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the egg mixture and fold everything together.
- Pour the quiche into the prepared casserole dish and top it with the remaining shredded cheese and sliced tomato.
- Place it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the quiche for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then without removing the quiche from the oven, lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for another 45-55 minutes or until it is lightly browned and set.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Crustless Vegetable Quiche @ reciperunner.com