6 tbsp . butter
6 peeled cored, and chopped apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp . pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups caramel sauce homemade or store bought
8 oz . cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp . kosher salt
2 tsp . vanilla extract
lemon zest optional
2 cups heavy cream
45 – 50 Nilla Wafer cookies
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. In large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, apple pie spice, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook over medium heat until tender and the brown sugar creates a glaze, about 15 -20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla on medium/medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla, salt and lemon zest with a mixer until just combined. Add 1/2 of the whip cream mixture and beat on medium speed until combined. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Crush cookies into small pieces. Reserve some for garnish.
- To assemble trifle, place 2 tsps. of caramel sauce into bottom of trifle cups. Chill slightly. Sprinkle handful of cookie crumbs over caramel layer. Cover cookie bits with apple mixture. Spread cheesecake mixture over apples with back of spoon or spatula until completely covered. Pour additional caramel sauce over cheesecake mixture and chill until set. Repeat layers of cookie crumbs, apples, and cheesecake mixture. Top each cup with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with reserved cookie crumbs and caramel and indulge immediately!
You can make the ingredients up to a day ahead of time and assemble before you serve.
Original Recipes visit: Amazing Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle @ suburbansimplicity.com