This Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken is the all-time most popular recipe on this website. It is an easy but fun weeknight dinner meal that everyone will love! Plus the active preparation time is only 10 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken Recipe
An easy recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken. Chicken is filled with cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeños, then wrapped up with bacon and baked!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 ounces of Cream Cheese cut into bite chunks (not whipped)
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 slices of Bacon
- Start by heating your oven to 300 degrees and then get to chopping the jalapenos. If you like hot spicy heat – leave the seeds. If you want a mild heat, remove the seeds.
- Then move on to pounding out the chicken breasts until they are quite thin. You want them to double in size. Cover the chicken in plastic wrap, and place on a strong surface and use a meat mallet or a cast iron pan to pound them out.
- Next, place a long thin chunk of cream cheese in the center.
- Add jalapeno and cheddar cheese on top, and then wrap the chicken around it.
- Use 2 slices of bacon to wrap around each chicken breast sealing it shut. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts in a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- After 45 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven, and drain any bacon fat off the pan.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees, letting the bacon crisp up for another 10 minutes or as long as necessary.
Keywords: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken Recipe, Dinner Recipe
Recipe by: thekittchen.com