Approximately 3 cups marinara sauce, jarred or I use this recipe
2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach (about 2 cups)
8 ounce ball fresh mozzarella, cut into approximately 1/4 inch thick slices
1 baguette, sliced
Olive oil and a clove of garlic (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to broil.
- Lay the slices of baguette cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush the slices of baguette with olive oil then place in the oven and broil until golden, don’t walk away this will happen fast.
- Peel a clove of garlic and cut it in half.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic all over the top of the warm toasted baguette slices, set aside.
- In an 8 or 10 inch oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce and baby spinach.
- Heat the sauce over medium high heat, stirring it until the spinach wilts and the sauce is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and lay the slices of mozzarella all over the top in a single layer.
- Place the skillet in the oven and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the slices of baguette.
Original Recipes visit: Baked Mozzarella and Marinara Dip @ reciperunner.com