Delicious Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce – This baked tortellini recipe is cheese tortellini in a hearty meat sauce, all topped with cheese and baked to perfection. A super easy dinner that the whole family will love!
- 18 ounces Three Bridges Triple Cheese Tortellini (2 9-ounce packages or 1 family size package)
- 1 15-ounce container Three Bridges Heirloom Marinara Sauce
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 6 cup or larger baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- While you wait for the water to boil and tortellini to cook, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until done, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan with the beef and heat until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Spoon the pasta into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.