1 cup butter, room temperature
1½ cups sugar, divided
¾ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup cocoa
5 cups flour
1 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 cup of sugar and the powdered sugar. Add vegetable oil and eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch, baking soda, cream of tarter, salt, cocoa and flour and stir to mix..
- Add to wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- On a large plate, spread ¼ c of sugar. Find a smooth bottomed glass and press it into the sugar to coat the bottom of the glass in sugar. Then press the sugar-coated-glass into the cookie dough balls and lightly press down until your dough begins to flatten and the edges around the glass begin to split.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Cool cookies on a cooling rack and then put them in the fridge until you are ready to frost them.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies.
Original Recipes visit: Best Ever Chocolate Sugar Cookies (Swig Dirtball Cookie Copy Cat) @ chef-in-training.com