Slab pie is so much easier to serve! This one has a scratch crust and a crumble topping and is full of blueberry pie filling!
“These Look Absolutely Yummy!!”
Yield: 10 servings
FOR THE CRUST:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter diced and cold
2-3 tablespoons ice water
1 tablespoon vinegar
FOR THE FILLING & TOPPING:
1 can 21 oz Blueberry Pie Filling
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar
- Make your crust: Pulse flour and salt in a food processor for a second.
- Add butter and pulse until butter has been worked through the flour.
- Add vinegar and pulse. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together (I used 2 tablespoons water). Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan (mine is 10×15) with cooking spray.
- When ready to make pie, unwrap chilled dough. Roll into a large rectangle. Press into the bottoms and up the sides of your pan.
- Spread blueberry pie filling evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Using a hand mixer, mix remaining topping ingredients (butter, flour, oats, and sugar) in a large bowl. You may need to use your hands to break up the large bits of butter. Sprinkle over the top of the blueberry filling and press to compact.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until topping begins to brown. (The blueberry might bubble over a little so you may want to place something on the rack underneath your pan.) Cool before cutting.