1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cup Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth
1/2 cup plain garlic hummus (homemade or store-bought)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for topping if desired)
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
1/2 of a medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1/2 of a red onion, diced
1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place the quinoa, red onion and green onion in a single layer at the bottom..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Swanson® Chicken Broth and hummus.
- Pour the chicken broth mixture over the quinoa. Layer with the spinach and 1 cup of mozzarella. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute until it turns bright green and then run under cold water. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove quinoa casserole out of the oven and mix in the broccoli and butternut squash. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and the remaining 1 cup of mozarella cheese on top and place back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the quinoa is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Remove from oven and serve while still warm.
Original Recipes visit: Butternut Squash Broccoli Quinoa Casserole @ lifemadesweeter.com