Chicken Fried Rice Recipe – Skip the take-out and make this easy chicken fried rice at home. It’s a simple weeknight dinner that’s so budget friendly, and it’s a real crowd-pleaser!
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Servings 4 servings
3 cups cooked jasmine rice preferably left over rice. Brown rice is fine too
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 3/4-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons butter divided
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 green onions chopped
2 cloves garlic finely minced
3 1/2 Tablespoons tamari (gluten free) or low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 Tablespoon butter to the pan.
- Add the chicken, salt and pepper generously, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken on a clean plate, and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Cook the onions, carrots and peas until tender, about 4 minutes. READ MORE
Recipe by: apinchofhealthy.com