Easy Chili Dog Tater Tot Casserole – is a twist on a family favorite recipe. Chili, cheese, hot dogs, tater tots.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 hot dogs cut into small bites
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 (32oz) package tater tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
CHILI: Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain completely. Add in chili beans, tomato sauce, hot dogs and seasonings. Stir to combine.
ASSEMBLY: Spoon chili into prepared dish. Sprinkle chopped onions on top then sprinkle 2 cups cheddar on top. Arrange tater tots on top of the cheddar (the whole package may not be used). Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes just to melt the cheese.