Luscious and rich, this Chocoholics Chocolate Mousse Cake will satisfy your sweet tooth!
FOR THE CAKE:
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1+1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup half fat milk
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups + 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
7oz good quality dark chocolate
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1+1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
3 tbsp chocolate strands
1 + ¼ cups chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 375f/190c.
- Butter three round 20cm (8 inch) diameter cake tins with removable bases and line the bases with baking parchment. Butter the paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a food mixer until light and fluffy and then stir in the eggs. Add the milk, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the flour and then the cocoa powder, coffee granules and salt. Continue to mix until combined. Mix the white wine vinegar and baking soda in a small bowl (it will fizz), then stir into the mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Get full recipe >> Chocoholics Chocolate Mousse Cake @ simplystacie.net