1 box of brownie mix and the fixin’s it takes to make them
1 can of chocolate frosting
3 to 4 cups of milk chocolate chocolate chips
1 can of cherry pie filling
- Bake the brownies as directed and let cool completely. Do not overcook the brownies, crunchy brownie bits don’t make for good bombs.
- Crumble the made brownies and mix in about 3/4 a cup of chocolate frosting. If you’ve made cake pops before, you want a similar consistency. You may need to add a little more, but you want to start out on the low side and add more if you need it.
- Once you have it the consistency needed (stays together easily but isn’t too sticky to roll into balls), start with about 1 TBSP of brownie frosting mixture. Form it into a ball, but then make a hole in the middle that you can drop one cherry from the pie filling into.
- Top with a little more of the brownie/frosting mixture and do your best to seal the cherry in.
- Once you have all your bombs made, pop them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- While they are hardening up in the freezer, melt your chocolate. You may need a little more or a little less depending on how heavily you coat the bombs.
- After the 20 minutes, take them out of the freezer and keep them in the refrigerator. Working one bomb at a time, drop it into the melted chocolate, pull it back out, and tap off the excess chocolate.
- Place it on wax paper and wait for it to dry completely.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs @ wineandglue.com