1/2 cup GF coconut flour
3/4 cup GF unsweetened cocoa powder divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt plus a pinch or two extra
1 cup fresh honey
4 TBSP unsalted butter melted
14 TBSP unsalted butter softened (and divided into 6 TBSP & 8 TBSP)
2 1/3 cup GF powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
2 tsp GF vanilla extract divided
3 egg yolks lightly beaten
8 oz . GF evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup GF sweetened shredded coconut or more if you love coconut!
1 cup GF pecans chopped (and more for garnish!)
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Place muffin cups in the bottoms of your muffin tin. Set aside.
- Mix the coconut flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. In a different bowl, mix the eggs, honey, and 4 TBSP melted butter together. With a mixer, slowly combine the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Allow the batter to expand (coconut flour expands once wet) for 5-10 minutes and then place the batter into the bottom 2/3 of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (13 minutes is perfect in my oven), or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool mini cupcakes on a baking rack before applying frosting.
- While the cupcakes are baking, beat 6 TBSP softened butter with the hand mixer until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix well with hand mixer until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, milk, and a pinch of salt and combine over medium speed once more until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
COCONUT PRALINE JAM:
- Mix 8 TBSP butter, evaporated milk, 3 egg yolks, sugar, coconut, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat and allow to simmer until reduced by 1/3 and thick. Add in 1 tsp vanilla extract and chopped pecans and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before piping the chocolate frosting and then the praline jam on top of each chocolate cupcake. Enjoy!
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Gluten-Free German Chocolate Cupcakes @ blessherheartyall.com