8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1″ pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
2 zucchini, cut into ½” x 2″ spears
1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
1 cup green onions, chopped (about 8 stalks)
half a yellow onion, sliced
1 teaspoon ginger paste (or 1″ piece of fresh ginger, grated)
2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
2 tablespoons red thai curry paste
(1) 16 ounce can coconut cream (or coconut milk or light coconut milk. NOT coconut creamer like what you would use for you coffee.)
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes for garnish if you like it spicy
2 cups cooked rice (or cauliflower rice or a baked sweet potato for Paleo/Whole30), for serving
- Heat a wok or your largest skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and cook the chicken breast until golden brown and cooked thru, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- With the heat still over high, melt another tablespoon of coconut oil in the wok. Add in all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables until starting to brown slightly on the edges, but still crisp tender, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the thai curry paste and stir to combine. Add in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Add the chicken back in, and cook for another few minutes until heated thru.
- Spoon the coconut chicken thai curry over rice (or cauliflower rice) and serve warm. Top with red pepper flakes if you like more spice.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 3 days.
Original Recipes visit: Coconut Chicken Thai Curry @ tasteslovely.com