1/2 Pound bacon, chopped
1 Pound Hot Italian sausage
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves (pressed, crushed or finely chopped)
3 Medium (or 2 large) russet potatoes, sliced
4 Cups chicken stock (I use homemade stock, you could also use broth)
2 Cups water
3-4 Cups chopped kale
1 Cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown bacon and sausage over medium high heat. While cooking, break up into small pieces. Add onion and garlic once meat is mostly cooked, and allow flavors to blend.
- Add meat mixture to crockpot once cooked.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock and water to slow cooker.
- Let cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Add chopped kale, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Let cook an additional 1-2 hours and then turn down to warm to serve.
Original Recipes visit: Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup @ allshecooks.com