Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheddar – Imagine all your favorite baked potato toppings bacon, cheddar, sour cream, green onions, in a spoon.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. whole milk
- 4 large Potatoes, cubed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté butter and garlic. Add in milk and flour. Whisk constantly, until slightly thick, about 5 minutes, then add potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper. Increase heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until creamy and tender, 25 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and scallions until creamy.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon and garnish with sour cream, scallions, and cheddar.
Keywords: soup, creamy soup, potato soup