3 small (or 2 medium) chicken breasts, pounded evenly
2 tablespoons fajita seasoning (or see note below for fajita spice recipe)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, sliced (any color)
4 8” flour tortillas
Olive oil spray
1 cup shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Monterey jacket, Pepper jack, Mexican or taco blend)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Place chicken and fajita spices in ziplock bag or large bowl and combine until chicken is fully coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy-duty pan for at least 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cool for 4-5 minutes then chop into small pieces.
- Remove chicken from the pan and add the sliced onion and bell peppers to the same pan. Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Place the tortillas on the sheet pan and fill each half with ¼th of the chicken mixture, ¼th of the bell pepper mixture and ¼ cup of cheese. Fold and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately while hot. We like to dip them in salsa, sour-cream or guacamole. Enjoy!
Original recipe and note of recipe visit: Crispy Baked Chicken Fajita Quesadillas @ gimmedelicious.com