I love a nice warm, fresh out of the oven loaf of bread. And I love it even more when it is easy to make. This Easy French Bread Recipe is both of those things. And it is the perfect addition to any meal.
Servings: 2 loaves
1/4 C warm water 105-115 degrees
1 pkg dry active yeast
1 tsp sugar
3 1/2 – 4 C all purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 C plus 2 Tbsp. warm water
1 egg white and 1 Tbsp water.
- Combine 1/4 C water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar into a bowl.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Add in 1 Tbsp sugar, salt and water.
- Mix well.
- Add flour.
- Mix well and knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Allow to rise until double (about 15-20 minutes)
- On a lightly floured surface roll out with a rolling pin. (May divide dough into two pieces for two smaller loaves if desired)
- Visit Easy French Bread @ yourhomebasedmom.com for full instructions.