This Easy Oven Baked Chicken Tacos Recipe is PERFECT for a quick weeknight dinner! OVEN BAKED chicken tacos have lots of flavor and none of the stress. This Easy Chicken Tacos Recipe is the most popular recipe on The Cookie Rookie and has been pinned over 2 million times. Have you tried it?
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded (I used cooked Rotisserie chicken)
1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
1/2 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso Refried Beans
2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
Toppings such as Old El Paso sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes (FULLY DRAINED), and green chiles (FULLY DRAINED) *see note. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Get full recipe >> Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos @ thecookierookie.com