Easy White Cheddar Mac N’ Cheese – This mac n’ cheese recipe is so rich and creamy. It is this perfect comfort food.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Cook the pasta according to package.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and let the garlic simmer in the butter for 1 min
- Whisk in the flour to make a buttery paste.
- Add the heavy cream and milk.
- Stir the cream mixture heat over medium heat for about 3 minutes til it bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in the cheese one cup at a time.
- Wait til each cup melts before you add another cup of cheese.
- Stir all the cheese til it has melted and makes a thick, creamy cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and mix all together.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with more salt and pepper to your desired taste.