1 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large sweet potato (about 2 cups), chopped
2 cups peeled butternut squash, chopped
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cups sliced cabbage
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
6 cups vegetable stock
2 tsp Italian seasoning (or a mixture of dried parsley, basil, oregano etc..)
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 T freshly chopped parsley
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato, butternut squash,and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.
Original Recipes visit: Fall Detox Vegetable Soup @ thehealthymaven.com