This Frosted Animal Cookie Cheesecake has frosted circus animal cookies in the crust and throughout the cheesecake! It’s thick, creamy and topped with fun pink-colored white chocolate and sprinkles – much like the animal cookies!
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com
Servings: 12-14 slices
2 1/4 cups (302g) frosted animal cookie crumbs
2 tbsp (28g) salted butter, melted
24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (207g) sugar
3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
1 cup (230g) sour cream, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups (208g) chopped frosted animal cookies, divided
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
6 oz (169g) white chocolate chips
1/4 cup (60ml) heavy whipping cream
Pink gel icing color
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
4 tbsp (29g) powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil (I also use a plastic crock pot liner – see method here) so that water from the water bath cannot get in. Set prepared pan aside.
- Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract, mixing on low speed until well combined. READ MORE