Easy Gooey Brownie Pie Recipe – a gooey chocolate brownie with a crackly top baked into a pie and topped with hot fudge. A delicious and easy dessert for any chocolate lover.
Yield: 10 servings
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate or 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a heat safe bowl melt together butter and 2 cups of chocolate chips until smooth. You can use a double boiler or microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Mix in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is puffed. The top may crack.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Top with hot fudge to serve
- If using a pie plate, I would use about 3/4 of the batter, otherwise it will be too full.