Green Bean Bundles
1 1/2 lb . fresh green beans , trimmed
12 oz . thick cut bacon , cut into halves
1 onion , cut into slivers
Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic , finely minced
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (can substitute honey here if so desired)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a mason jar, mix the vinaigrette ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Take 7-10 green beans, and wrap a bacon strip around each of the bundles. Set into the prepared baking dish. Continue until all the green beans have been wrapped.
- Sprinkle the onion on top of the bundles.
- Season the bundles liberally with pepper (if you like this!), and drizzle the vinaigrette over them.
- Pop the baking dish into the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the bundles have cooked for 30 minutes, turn up the heat to 425°F, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer the Green Bean Bacon Bundles to a serving dish, and enjoy warm with your Thanksgiving meal!
Original recipe visit: Green Bean Bacon Bundles @ thespeckledpalate.com