20 oz Italian bread
0.75 – 1 lb ham
6 oz dill Havarti cheese
1 large leek
7 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
½ Tbsp minced fresh dill weed
½ tsp paprika
Fresh cracked black pepper
- When getting bread, try to pick out a dense bread loaf. Some stores offer things like “bake at home” bead, which is bread that is already cooked, you just pop it in the oven for a few minutes. This type of bread tends to be denser than freshly baked at the bakery. If you can’t find bread like that, then chop an Italian loaf into ½ inch cubes, spread it out on a large baking sheet, and let them dry for about 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Spread cut bread in a casserole dish.
- Cut off the dark green parts of the leek and discard. Wash and cut the leek in half, lengthwise. Slice each half into thin semi-circles. Add sliced leek to the casserole dish.
- Dice ham and cheese and add it to the casserole dish as well.
- Gently mix bread, ham, leek, and cheese to incorporate throughout.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, minced dill, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture all over the bread mixture. Press gently.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Original recipe visit: Ham Leek and Cheese Bread Pudding @ willcookforsmiles.com