This Homemade English Muffins Recipe is my new favorite recipe. These English Muffins are filled with nooks and crannies, tasting so much better than store bought. Homemade English Muffins are not very difficult. They are much easier than one would expect. In not much time at all you can enjoy fresh made English muffins. Load on the butter, jam, Homemade Nutella, Homemade Apple Butter, eggs , cheese, meat… whatever you like.
6 cup Flour
2 tbsp Sugar
2 1/4 tsp 1 packet Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
1 cup warm Water
3 tbsp softened Butter
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to sit.
- Warm milk and dissolve sugar in it. Set aside to cool.
- Put 3 cups of flour, salt, butter, egg, yeast mix and milk mix and beat until smooth.Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Knead for 5 minutes in mixer or 10 minutes by hand.
- Place dough in a oiled bowl cover and let rise until doubled.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper and dust each with corn meal.
- Punch down risen dough; divide into 18 pieces.
- Visit Homemade English Muffins @ cincyshopper.com for full instructions.