2 small acorn squash, cut in half and seeds removed
salt and pepper
half of a medium onion
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup tomato sauce, plus additional for serving if desired
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- Brush each squash cut half with ¼ teaspoon olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the squash cut side down until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ground beef, season with salt and pepper, brown the ground beef, breaking up as it cooks.
- Darin any excess grease, then stir in the tomato sauce and cook until heated through.
- Remove the squash from the oven and flip them over. Place a quarter cup of ricotta cheese in the bottom of each of the squash. Divide the meat mixture between the squash and top each with a quarter cup of mozzarella and about a teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
- Return squash to the oven and baked for about another ten minutes until the squash is tender and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Original Recipes visit: Lasagna Stuffed Acorn Squash @ cupcakesandkalechips.com