The BEST Loaded Cauliflower Bites – Smothered in cheese and bacon, are a low-carb alternative to loaded potato skins or french fries, yet taste equally delicious. This flavorful appetizer has only 4 grams of net carbs per serving making it a great option for those following a keto diet, as well.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese * shredded)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 green onions (or chives, sliced thin, optional)
Preheat your oven to 425°F.
Add the cauliflower pieces to a medium bowl with the olive oil and toss to coat.1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil,1 head cauliflower
Spread the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet and season with the salt and pepper.1/2 teaspoon salt,1/4 teaspoon pepper
Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and push all of the cauliflower into a pile in the center.
Cover the cauliflower with the cheddar cheese and bacon.1 cup cheddar cheese,4 slices bacon
Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 or until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and top with sliced green onions or chives.2 green onions
Serve with a side of Ranch dressing or sour cream, if desired.
Tips & Techniques
- It is highly recommended to shred the cheese from a block rather than using pre-shredded bagged cheese.
- Line the bottom of your baking sheet with aluminum foil or aSilpat mat to make cleaning up much easier.
- You can steam the cauliflower until fork tender, rather than roasting, if you prefer. You will still need to use the oven for the second half of the recipe.
- If you are following a strict keto diet, make sure that if you decide to use Ranch dressing, it is keto-approved.
- Use a fork. These Loaded Cauliflower Bites come close to loaded potato skins in a lot of ways, but are not quite what I would call “finger food” unless you don’t mind getting a little messy.