1/2 a pound of spicy Italian sausage (I used Jennie-O turkey sausage)
16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzerella, divided
2 tsps dried basil
1 tsp garlic salt
1 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Make small meatballs out of the spicy Italian sausages. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of olive oil, about a teaspoon. Cook the mini meatballs, turning them as they brown, until they are fully cooked. Remove them from the skillet and put them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour out any additional oil that remains in the skillet, but no need to clean it.
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese, basil, garlic salt, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese until fully combined. Spread it in the bottom of the skillet. Place the meatballs on top, cover with sauce, and then top with the remaining two cups of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn on the broiler and for five minutes. Keep a close eye on the dip so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with toasted baguette pieces.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Meat Ball Sub Dip @ wineandglue.com