Mexican Lasagna with White Sauce Recipe – You are more than welcome to build the layers of this dish in any order you want. You could even use double the amount of tortillas and spread the ingredients out between the additional layers, however you will need a deeper baking dish if you use more tortillas.
Mexican Lasagna with White Sauce Recipe
Yield: 6-8 servings
¼ cup butter (4 tablespoons)
¼ cup flour
2 cups chicken stock, heated
¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
8 ounces sour cream
¼ teaspoon salt
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon or more of Rocket Fuel, or your favorite hot sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
11 ounce can kernel corn, drained
15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and green)
8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded and divided
4 8-inch flour tortillas
8 ounces pulled chicken, heated
1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and add flour. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the raw flour smell is gone.
- Add heated chicken stock one-third at a time, stirring with a wire whisk after each addition. (This step will ensure no lumps in the sauce.) Add cayenne pepper and stir again.
- Add sour cream, salt, chiles and Rocket Fuel and stir. If you like it spicy, use more Rocket Fuel. Remove from heat and hold.
- Place canola oil, kernel corn and black beans on a sheet pan and coat with cayenne, garlic powder and salt. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes. Stir and roast for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix Ricotta, egg, cilantro, scallions and 4 ounces of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- Have all of your ingredients laid out and begin to assemble.
- In a pan or glass dish roughly 9” round and at least 3 inches deep, place 1/3 of the white sauce to coat the bottom of the pan. READ MORE
Recipe by: afamilyfeast.com