One-Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup – Classic beef stroganoff is transformed into a hearty, yet light soup. And no need to cook the noodles first, because it’s all made in one pot. Easy weeknight dinner!
One-Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup Recipe
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound beef sirloin, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
salt and pepper
8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
1 medium sweet onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
5 cups low-sodium chicken or beef stock
1 1/2 cups dried egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the meat with some salt and pepper to taste; add to the pot and cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a bowl; keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the pot; saute until the vegetables have softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour in the beef stock; bring to a boil.
- Add in the dried noodles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine the sour cream and flour. Whisk in 1 cup of the hot soup; pour mixture back into the pot. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Add the seared meat back to the pot and simmer for a few more minutes to cook through.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning with a little more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls with some fresh chopped parsley.
Recipes by: bellyfull.net