The BEST One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta – Tender chunks of chicken with smoky pieces of sausage in a rich and delicious homemade alfredo sauce.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
- 4 oz parmesan cheese freshly shredded, more as needed
- Italian Parsley garnish
- Start with a large cooking pot that has a lid.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and slowly stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.
Recipe by: number-2-pencil.com