The BEST One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta – Tender chunks of chicken with smoky pieces of sausage in a rich and delicious homemade alfredo sauce.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
- 4 oz parmesan cheese freshly shredded, more as needed
- Italian Parsley garnish
- Start with a large cooking pot that has a lid.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot.
- Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and slowly stir in parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.
Recipe by: number-2-pencil.com
How much chicken broth do we need for this recipe?
32 ounces, which is usually the size of one box of broth.
I hope this is not a dumb question lol 🤦♀️ but does the chicken need to be cooked first before being put into the pot or cut it up then brown it. Also what kind of chicken did you use?
Can you substitute half and half for heavy cream?
I suggest using less of the chicken broth or heavy cream. The recipe turns out to make soup and Alfredo is not a soup.