1 box white cake mix
oil, water and eggs as called for on cake mix box
1 3 ounce box orange jello
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 8 ounce container whipped topping thawed
1 11 ounce can mandarin oranges drained
optional garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat the oven according to the cake package directions.
- Coat a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake according to package and bake for the time directed.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then use a fork to poke holes all over the cake.
- Place the boiling water in a medium bowl and add the jello; whisk until the jello has completely dissolved. Stir in the cold water.
- Pour the jello over the top of the cake. Cover and chill for at least three hours or up to 2 days.
- Pace the milk in a large bowl; add the pudding mix and stir until smooth and thickened. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Frost the cake with the whipped topping mixture. Decorate the cake with the mandarin oranges. Cut into squares and serve, garnished with mint sprigs if desired.
Original Recipes and Notes of recipe visit: Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake @ spendwithpennies.com