2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cups shredded carrots
2 cups spinach leaves
2 cups broccoli florets
2 teaspoons olive oil or additional sesame oil, divided
1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed, if using canned)
16 oz extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
¼ cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cube tofu and place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. If you aren’t using a non-stick baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove from oven and place in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce (sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Add ½ of the sauce to the tofu bowl and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the broccoli with 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Heat remaining olive or sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, in batches, along with the marinating sauce until crispy and golden browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the brown rice among 4 bowls, top each bowl with ¼ cup shredded carrots, ½ cup spinach leaves, ¼th broccoli, ¼ cup garbanzo beans and a few pieces of tofu. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce.
Original Recipes visit: Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl @ delishknowledge.com