1 package Roundy’s Baby Red Potatoes
1 package cheese curds (you will not use the whole package)
1 c. gravy (recipe below)
2 Tbsp. bacon bits
2 Tbsp. minced chives
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
2 c. beef broth
½ Tbsp. cider vinegar
½ Tbsp. ketchup
¼ tsp. worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them by 2-3 inches.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; set potatoes aside to cool.
- Prepare gravy by combining butter and flour in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, cider vinegar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring often.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the top off of each one and place on a rimmed baking sheet. (*It helps to find the natural “bottom” first so the potatoes don’t roll!)
- Stuff each potato with cheese curds. You may need to break curds to fit.
- Carefully pour 1-2 tsp. of gravy into each potato. The gravy should fill in the empty spaces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each potato with bacon bits and minced chives.
Original Recipes visit: Poutine Potato Poppers @ lemontreedwelling.com