1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cups lightly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon milk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1¾ tablespoons red velvet emulsion (or regular red food coloring)
¾ cup chocolate chips, plus extra for topping.
18 teaspoons Nutella
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and beat well. Beat in the milk, vanilla, and red velvet emulsion (or red food coloring). Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for an hour. At the same time, drop teaspoon dollops of Nutella onto parchment paper and freeze. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Take out 1 tablespoon of dough and place a frozen teaspoon of Nutella onto the dough. Add another half tablespoon of dough over the Nutella and cover the dollop. Roll the dough between your hands to form a ball. Repeat the the remaining dough and Nutella. You may need to chill the dough again halfway through. I found the dough to be a bit sticky. I also kept my Nutella in the freezer and took out a teaspoon as I needed it because it thaws out fairly quickly.
- Bake the cookies for 9 – 10 minutes. The cookies will still be puffy. Gently press down with a spatula and top with mire chocolate chips if desired.
Original Recipe and Notes of recipe visit: Red Velvet Nutella Stuffed Cookies @ cookienameddesire.com