1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small white onion thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 head cauliflower (approx. 2.2 pounds/1 Kg) stalk trimmed and cut into small florets
4 sprigs fresh thyme finely chopped
1.1 liter (4 1/2 cups) vegetable stock
freshly ground black pepper
Garnish (optional): roasted chickpeas, fresh thyme (finely chopped), extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and sautee the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes,
- Add the cauliflower and thyme and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Cover with vegetable stock and simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste and carefully blend until smooth using a blender, food processor or an immersion blender.
- Add more stock for a thinner consistency.
- Serve this simple creamy cauliflower soup in bowls garnished with fresh thyme, roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Original Recipes visit: Simple Creamy Cauliflower Soup @ aseasyasapplepie.com