2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, diced (about 1/4-1/2 inch)
1 medium onion, diced
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
3 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 slices (turkey) bacon, cooked and crumbled divided
5-6 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk (I use nonfat)
4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 cup freshly and finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
This Skinny Slow Cooker Potato Soup is unbelievably creamy, super flavorful and absolutely the best I’ve ever tried! and its super easy in the crock pot!
- Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add diced potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, 2 strips crumbled bacon, 4 cups chicken broth and all seasonings and spices. Cook on HIGH for 4 -5 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are completely tender.
- Remove 1/2 up to 2/3 of the soup (vegetables and liquid) to blender along with cornstarch, 1/2 cup evaporated milk and cream cheese. Blend until very smooth, being careful to let smoke escape or it will explode (I leave a corner open and cover with a paper towel). If you need more liquid in order for your blender to blend, then add additional evaporated milk.
- Pour creamy blender contents back into slow cooker along with remaining evaporated milk and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir to combine. Cook on HIGH for 20 minutes then stir in 1 cup cheddar until smooth. For a thinner soup, stir in up to 1 cup additional chicken broth.
- Garnish individual bowls with additional cheese, bacon and plenty of green onions.
Try this Potato Soup with my Moist Sweet Cornbread!
Original Recipes visit: Skinny Slow Cooker Potato Soup @ carlsbadcravings.com